Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Upcoming Event! Turkey Trot in Chesterfield, MO


I’m caught up in the excitement of participating in my very first ever race on Thanksgiving morning. I’m extremely excited and a little nervous. It’s been ten years since I’ve run that far and in my current physical condition I’m slightly worried. I’m not worried about being able to finish (I know I can walk 3.2 miles), I’m more worried that’s going to take me all day…Since I’m a realist and haven’t been able to break a 20 minute (per mile) pace so far in my short training history I’ve set a realistic, yet challenging, goal for myself…45 minutes. Not am I going to attempt to fun for three straight miles, I’m going to (attempt) to do so in less time than I have in a decade. To accomplish this I’ve embarked upon a varied workout regimen that will hopefully get me where I need to be to accomplish that lofty goal.

I’m working my way through the “Couch to 5K” program (C25K) and working in bouts on the elliptical and doing P90x when the weather or my schedule don’t allow me to get out and pound the pavement. I’ll go into more detail later regarding my workouts and the C25K program.

All in all, I’m really looking forward to testing myself in a race setting and enjoying being out on the road with thousands of other participants working up an appetite for the festivities we’ll be enjoying later in the day. I’m thinking a good 5K jog and a large dose of turkey will be the perfect (semi guilt free) combination of activity and feeding…Maybe we’ll see you there!


If you have questions or comments please feel free to post them in the comments section or shoot us an email: offthebeatenpathstl@gmail.com! We’d love to hear from you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment