Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Welcome and Hello!


Hello everyone! Welcome to “Off the Beaten Path!” I sincerely hope this blog can become an oasis of inspiration like it already has for me. Funny, because this is my first post! Tim, my co-author, and I have spent a good deal of time preparing and brainstorming about what we hope to accomplish through this outlet. Tim will bring his running experiences and knowledge to the table and I’ll bring my enthusiasm and candid experiences with the age-old battle against laziness, excess, and apathy. Together we’ll hopefully become better runners, get healthier, and have a blast in the process!

I’m almost 28 and have gone from being a physically fit athlete through high school, running an average of 10 miles a week, and spending several hours per week in the weight room to a married, full time college student working constantly with no time for exercise and no patience or desire to eat healthy. As a result I ballooned into the overweight, slow, large person that I am today. I’ve recently begun focusing on my diet and exercise and am going to bring you along for the journey. I've started doing a lot of research and changing my lifestyle to one that is healthier and sustainable. On here I will discuss my training plans, diet, goals, dreams, pet peeves, failures, struggles, and the blood, blisters, sweat, and hopefully no tears that I know will accompany me on this journey from fat to fit, slow to quick, and bored to alive.

If you have questions or comments please feel free to post them in the comments section or shoot us an email: offthebeatenpathstl@gmail.com! We’d love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment